This free, fully online short course is a basic introduction to the concepts of fitness and conditioning for those looking to understand more about training and leading their own fitness routine. The course will provide you with some basic concepts that will aid you with your training, whether your goal is fitness, muscle building, or general health and wellbeing.
There are 5 topics covered throughout this short course.
- You will be introduced to the basics in Functional Screening, where you will learn to assess the quality of movement and static posture.
- We introduce Resistance Training, where we look at strength development.
- We will describe Endurance Development, where we aim to improve overall cardiovascular health.
- We introduce Nutrition, and how it will assist you in achieving your goals in addition to appropriate training.
- We put it all together with our section on Programme Design, where you will learn how to take all the topics and implement them effectively into your training