The Irish Injured Jockeys, in partnership with equuip, have developed a Financial Literacy for Jockeys. The course is bespoke to industry and will help guide you on all your financial matters.
The Financial Literacy course is divided into three stages with different modules. Each stage must be completed before you can progress to the next stage.
- An online platform with videos talking you through best practice in managing your finances.
- Covering the basics of finance, budgeting, and financial advice.
- An in-person workshop with Gateway Financial Consultants will be held on Tuesday, November 15th, in Fairyhouse. The workshop will commence after the fourth race, it is expected to last two hours and it fully funded by the IIJ and equuip.
- The workshop will cater for those starting in their careers by helping to guide them through tax, VAT, the breakdown of prize money and a riding fee.
- The workshop will also benefit those that have further progressed in their career paths and are thinking about the next step including pensions and investments.
- Access to one of Irelands leading consultancy firms, Gateway Consultants, for one-to-one mentoring. Receive personal advice on your financial situation and how best to manage your finances going forward. The one-to-one mentoring sessions are also funded by the IIJ and equuip.